Round-Robin DNS Record Weight Settings
This document describes how to set the weights of round-robin DNS records in round-robin DNS management.
- Log in to the DNSPod console.
- On the My Domains page, click the domain for which to set the weight to enter the Record Management page as shown below:
- Records of the same type with the same host in the same split zone can implement round-robin DNS service.
- A and CNAME records can implement round-robin DNS service.
- If you want to use round-robin DNS CNAME, please purchase the service first. For more information, please see here.
- Select the target record type and click the Weight status bar as shown below:
A number between 0 to 100 can be assigned, and the authoritative server will return an IP node based on the weight.
- Enter the target weight proportion between 0 and 100. For example, to make two A records have equal load, enter 50 for each. Then, click Confirm as shown below:
The round-robin DNS weight is equal load by default, that is, the authoritative server will return all record values in a random order, and the system will take the first IP address by default, so the probability of getting each record is roughly equal.
- Can't find what I need
- Update is not timely
- Difficult to understand
- Typo/invalid link
- Steps are incomplete
- Missing images/sample codes
DNS health check tool powered by DNSPod
Official WeChat group
Join WeChat group to chat and feedback
Scan using WeChat